dinsdag 27 februari 2018

Criticism of ... La presse en parle... GOOGLE reprend...

[...]

Criticism of Facebook and social media

In November 2017, Palihapitiya revealed that, for ethical reasons, he regrets having helped Facebook to become the largest social media platform.[22] He said, “[t]he short-term, dopamine-driven feedback loops that we have created are destroying how society works: no civil discourse, no cooperation, misinformation, mistruth. This is not about Russian ads. This is a global problem. It is eroding the core foundations of how people behave by and between each other. I can’t control them. I can control my decision, which is that I don’t use that shit. I can control my kids’ decisions, which is that they’re not allowed to use that shit”.[23][24] Following criticism from Facebook for his remarks, Palihapitiya subsequently clarified, "I genuinely believe that Facebook is a force for good in the world, so I'd like to expand on my comments...My comments were meant to start an important conversation, not to criticize one company — particularly one I love. In 2017, many of us have grappled with the unintended consequences of the products we've built. Social media platforms in particular have been used and abused in ways that we, their architects, never imagined. Much blame has been thrown and guilt felt, but the important thing is what we as an industry do now to ensure that our impact on society continues to be a positive one."[25][26]

[...]

in: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chamath_Palihapitiya

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten